Home Insurance Lines

IBT Consulting is a great source for preferred homeowner products. We provide you with very broad coverage that pays for damage to you home and protects you from lawsuits that may result from injuries sustained in your home.

We have multiple markets for well-maintained homes that have experienced no losses. In many instances, we can also place homes where minor losses have occurred. Often these are written in our preferred markets with limited coverage changes.

We also can provide a market for harder to place homes. This includes products for homes that may not meet the requirements of our standard markets, such as brush areas. We also have markets for high value homes.

Some markets provide the convenience of writing package policies with combinations of coverage that offer credits. Other carriers provide additional premium credits for multiple lines of business written with the same company.


Homeowners insurance, also called hazard insurance or home insurance, is designed to protect the homeowner against certain named perils. Most homeowner insurance policies come with a deductible and exclusions. A standard homeowner’s insurance policy covers losses occurring to one’s home as well as the contents of the home. Additionally, there is usually a loss of use component that provides coverage when the home is not habitable due to destruction from a named peril. Liability insurance for accidents that occur inside the home will also be included in a homeowner’s insurance policy.


Because in most cases the master condo association’s insurance policy stops at the exterior walls, as a condo owner, you are generally responsible for what’s inside the interior walls – the interior structure and its content. Most personal condo insurance policies cover losses arising from theft, accidental release of water, vandalism, smoke, windstorm, lightening, and fire.


Most renter’s insurance policies will cover loss or damage due to covered perils, such as fire, smoke, lightening, accidental water damage, theft, and windstorm. Most renter’s insurance policies contain liability protection, which provides coverage for an injury sustained by another person while in the rented premises.

Dwelling Fire

Dwelling fire insurance is designed as a less expensive alternative to Homeowner’s insurance (Ho-3). It is especially suited to owners of dwelling rental properties where the primary protection needed is building and liability coverage. There are different levels of coverage under dwelling fire insurance coverage which will include different limit amounts and the details of exactly what will be covered under the policy may vary somewhat.

Want to learn more?



Vacant Home

Perils such as vandalism, theft, and water damage can be eliminated from a standard policy when a dwelling is vacant, making vacant property insurance an important coverage for property owners to consider. Vacant property insurance will provide coverages for mono-line property or can be packaged to include liability.

Manufactured/Mobile Home

IBT Consulting can help protect your mobile or manufactured home, your belongings and your family with the proper coverages. The coverage for mobile and manufactured homes is similar to a homeowner’s insurance policy. There are a number of differences between mobile home insurance and traditional homeowners insurance, which is mainly due to the various structural differences of a mobile home varying slightly from a standard home. For starters, mobile homes have previously been considered to be motor vehicles rather than permanent residences and were not covered under insurance for homeowners. While this is not the case for most modern homes, some states do require the mobile home to be insured as a motor vehicle rather than a home.